Forum

General Chatter

When is a win not a win? When you get a family movie pass for a movie "In cinemas these school holidays" nearly two weeks after the school holidays have ended and the movie is only showing two sessions a week now despite it being Express Posted.

It was a Tinkerbell movie that my girls would love. I don't know who ran the competition (I entered several comps for this prize) and it came directly from the distributer without notification.

This is the second time I've got movie tickets for movies that are at the very end of their run. Does this happen often?

Jrob71
06 May 15 7:35 PM
K

That has happened to me once before. I won a double pass to a movie that was only playing limited sessions at maybe 2 cinemas in Brisbane. I gave them to my sister who lived close to one of the cinemas but the movie ended within a week of me getting the tickets and so they were never used. I have won tickets to Testament of Youth but have not received them yet and it is only playing at a few select cinemas. I am hoping to get those before it stops showing.

kaybee72
06 May 15 7:46 PM
J

Ha. I just found an email telling me I'm a winner. It came yesterday, so my mistake. The apologised for the delay and hope that I might still get to use the tix.

Jrob71
06 May 15 9:16 PM
R

I don't enter them either. I know they'll go to waste and I'd rather someone that will use them, win them. That's bad form though if, like you, you WERE going to use them. No point giving them away! lol

roobycat
07 May 15 1:15 PM