Forum

General Chatter

For Facebook Taggers just beware, heard on the radio yesterday from people that have been affected that they are cracking down on excessive tagging and blocking peoples accounts - Hopefully Facebook will either ban tagging for comps if they're going to keep blocking people who are just wanting to enter comps or hopefully they could have some limit as max 5 tags per comp so it doesn't look like spam. Not fair to people who are just wanting to enjoy entering comps.

bops18
06 May 15 11:58 PM

Interesting because "technically"under Facebook terms of use Promoters are not allowed to ask people to "like and share" or "tag a friend" yet so many companies do. In fact nearly all of them and they encourage it to promote their brand. I think the onus is back on the promoter to stop asking people to do it in the first place not that that will ever happen.....! Hope everyone has a fantastic and lucky day!

fourleaf
07 May 15 10:06 AM

Yeah interesting, Also Facebook updated their platform in November 2014 and the rules say that Promoters can't ask you to like their page in order to enter a competition. Yet most do and to be honest I like them anyway because I like their competition. Promoters are a creative lot and on a mission to get their product out there and tend to gloss over the rules a bit.

fourleaf
07 May 15 12:15 PM

From Facebook competitions Dos and Don'ts.......

"You can collect entries either by having people post on your page or like/comment on a PAGE POST by sending a message to your page; or by utilising likes as a voting mechanism. What you cannot do, however, is ask users to share a post on their own timelines or the timelines of their friends or tag themselves in a picture they are not depicted in."

fourleaf
07 May 15 12:56 PM
R

I agree with most of you ^^^^ I back out of those comps too, as even just yesterday I saw someone who'd tagged about 30 people in a row. I also HATE 'the most likes wins' comps. There's people that PAY on other sites for their votes. And as for 'you must share', I click out of them as well. My Facebook is my way of keeping in touch with family and friends, I'm not going to spam them all with competition tags. But there is a lot of people who only use Facebook for comping, so each to their own, but it does make it harder to win things, unless you want to irritate crap out of Facebook friends. It's also very rare to NOT see 'you must share this to be entered in the competition'. Ummm, no I must NOT, so seeya later. I can see page owners points in trying to get their product out there, but annoying people, isn't the way to do it. Anyway, like I said, each to their own

roobycat
07 May 15 1:04 PM

@roobycat We think alike. I only 'share' with my sister which probably negates my entry anyway. If I tagged all my friends they would choke me!

Vicki668
07 May 15 3:05 PM
J

I was put off FB comps all together at first but have decided my friends have no qualms about posting photos of their dinner or endless motivation memes so I am ok with sharing. I back out of the tagging thing though because I don't have any friends who are understanding enough to be singled out.

Jrob71
07 May 15 8:20 PM

Yes @TinaC I agree totally and interestingly enough is IS banned . Facebook says that promoters can have their business facebook pages cancelled if they ask people to like,tag or share in a competition but enforcing it is another thing.

fourleaf
07 May 15 10:41 PM