Forum

General Chatter

Hi all!
I'm new to this site and just wanted a bit of feedback on how it works.
A lot of people I know say competitions like the ones featured on here are just a scam to get your details but I have also seen evidence of people actually winning prizes too! So how do you know what comps are legit and which ones aren't?
Do any of you get scam calls from here? I've had a couple of calls from random numbers but have missed them due to being at work. They haven't left any voicemails though and I haven't received any emails yet regarding comps I've entered. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Bluestskies
28 May 15 6:20 PM
R

Welcome! It's really trial and error. I've entered plenty on here, and have had no problems. Sure, the random telemarketer call here and there, but you can soon block those. After a while, you can spot a 'scam' a mile off. I never enter the ones that say 'and now to complete your entry, here's some offers for you' and there's about 10 pages of junk to plough through. Those ones, I think, are just phishing ones :-)

roobycat
28 May 15 7:24 PM
J

I opened a Hotmail account especially for competitions so my important emails don't get lost in the junk. A lot of comps sign you up for newsletters as a condition of entry but every now and then I go through and unsubscribe. I do get a few telemarketer calls but I don't think it's much worse than before. I've only been notified of wins by phone on two occasions but I always worry that one day I will miss a call for a big win.

Jrob71
28 May 15 8:13 PM

Thanks heaps guys, great to know! I've set up a hotmail account to use so that's a good start, will just remind myself that I can block numbers if I get any annoying calls. Hope to get a win soon :)

Bluestskies
28 May 15 10:29 PM

Bluestskies you might want to read the blog by Jennye which has some great tips. To get to the blog scroll down to the bottom of the page on the homepage and it's on the far right

fourleaf
29 May 15 8:04 AM

@fourleaf It probably should be a link a link at the top. Moved! :D

admin
29 May 15 11:40 AM

Thanks admin, I had a funny feeling when I wrote that!

fourleaf
29 May 15 2:33 PM

Ah perfect! Thanks guys!

Bluestskies
30 May 15 12:53 AM