Forum

General Chatter

Day off. Freezing cold outside. Decided to have a serious 'comping session' morning. Am noticing that more and more Facebook competitions, are being blatantly aimed at the ones that only have Facebook for comping - the ones with 5 million tagging buddies that they don't even know. Granted, a lot of the prizes are stuff I don't want so wouldn't enter anyway, but how are these pages allowed to get away with it. I just saw one that had posted 'the more you share and tag, the more entries you have'. Blatantly against Facebook's OWN rules ....

Promotions

1. If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:

a. The official rules;

b. Offer terms and eligibility requirements (ex: age and residency restrictions); and

c. Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)

2. Promotions on Facebook must include the following:

a. A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.

b. Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.

3. Promotions may be administered on Pages or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: ?share on your Timeline to enter? or ?share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries?, and "tag your friends in this post to enter" are not permitted).

4. We will not assist you in the administration of your promotion, and you agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.

Number 3 sums it all up .... people are quick to point out when promoters ignore T&C's but this goes on and on. Very unfair to those that actually have Facebook purely to keep in touch with friends and family - not annoy the bejeezuz out of them with 'spam'. Is it just me that gets annoyed by this?

roobycat
02 Jun 15 12:02 PM

You're not alone, roobs.

toxicgherkin
02 Jun 15 2:28 PM

Hear, hear! I'm not doing FB comps anymore unless they are through apps or follow FB rules....

jennye
02 Jun 15 2:36 PM
R

Oh good! SO many I saw today were breaking every rule. The bigger companies usually do it the right way. It's the smaller ones I noticed that either don't know the rules, or don't care. And sure enough, those same ones, before you even look at the comments, there's names that you just know will be there, over and over and over.
As I said, a lot of them were stuff I don't want anyway, but if there WAS something that someone like me genuinely liked, you wouldn't have a hope because I hate bombarding my friends with, what I call ... Facebook junk mail lol and not to mention I don't have thousands of 'friends'. I just don't understand why it's allowed. Such is life I guess. My b*tch for the day, OVER! lol

roobycat
02 Jun 15 3:10 PM
R

Well there's a LOT of them! lol One I saw a few weeks back, had only about maybe 10 entrants?? but all had tagged about 50 people each, in individual posts, and all wrote 'liked and shared'. Seriously! Who has time to DO that! lol I tag my daughter in things I think she'll like, but seeing what I'm seeing more and more with serial taggers, it's no wonder I never win with just one tag. No way am I gonna tag 50 people and share a post 84 times, just to win a scented candle or movie ticket lol

roobycat
02 Jun 15 6:39 PM

Serial taggers give me the shits!
And like you said @roobycat.. Just for a little prize ! Lol

Tiesha
03 Jun 15 6:10 AM