Forum

General Chatter

Re: movie tickets. I don't enter to win these - but I got some as a runner up prize. I gave them to my sister in law to use, and the cinema wouldn't accept them. And that was a large cinema in Melbourne. Anyone else have any problems? These were from Universal, so not a small company. Is there a hidden catch? ... just incase I win anymore to palm off to her lol

roobycat
10 Jun 15 3:14 PM

the terms are on the back, some dont accept on specific days such as public holidays, sat after 5 or on discount tickets days OR if the ticket says for only specific sessions or cinemas. Otherwise they should accept them

Nass
10 Jun 15 3:40 PM
R

Yes we read all that on the back. All it had was not valid at *a list of* cinemas. Nothing else, and she wasn't at one of those cinemas, but they wouldn't accept them. Just said they 'aren't valid here'. Hmmm interesting

roobycat
10 Jun 15 4:15 PM
K

Can you contact the promoter and check with them. It would be in their interest to know if a cinema is not accepting tickets if they are valid. Otherwise it is such a waste.

kaybee72
11 Jun 15 9:28 AM
R

Yes Kaybee, I was thinking that. No point having them if they're not accepted. The movie has finished now, but I was wondering for future reference. Sis in law goes to movies a lot, so may start entering to win a few tickets, but only if she can use them lol

roobycat
11 Jun 15 10:31 AM