Forum

General Chatter

Happy Saturday all
I hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods. It is in Sydney!
I have just put up this week's blog post - Creative Comping
Here 'tis - http://blog.competitions.com.au/competition-crackpot/creative-comping/

jennye
27 Jun 15 10:12 AM

@jennye, yes I saw the colouring-in competition too and thought 'No', that can't be right..They must have forgotten to insert a cutoff age? Lol.

toxicgherkin
27 Jun 15 10:40 AM

Cheers Jen :)

Trevsta
27 Jun 15 2:04 PM
R

I really wish my adult daughter would enter these creative type competitions. She's always been arty and crafty with a creative mind. I, on the other hand, am not. I'm better with expressing myself through creative writing (which most of my wins are from). I keep saying I'll try a crafty comp one day, but then I see winners and I think 'hmmm well I was WAY off the mark with my idea' lol think I'll stick to 25WOL

roobycat
27 Jun 15 3:31 PM
J

I'm one of those that usually doesn't put the effort in but there was that one Saturday afternoon when I rose to the challenge of making a fruit face (that is a face made out of fruit). I won a Coles voucher for my half hour of fun.

Jrob71
27 Jun 15 8:19 PM

I love the fact that you get better at it over time, no matter what type of competitions you enter. I've yet to try creative competitions, probably because I wrongly think they are for kids as well. I'm definitely getting better at the 25 words or less ones, because something unusual, funny or entertaining seems to come to me more quickly these days.

By the way, what are the items in the 'For adult use only' bowl in the picture? If they didn't have a string in them, I'd swear they were for personal use, in order to get your creative juices flowing. The mind boggles!

divergent
28 Jun 15 11:02 AM

@danwgreenfield They are pottery tools. Glad to hear you are getting somewhere with the WOL, now to the creative ones.....

jennye
28 Jun 15 12:50 PM