Forum

General Chatter

Been noticing this a fair bit lately, and the same name keeps appearing, so beware, people. I had a dig at someone else the other day who I noticed had also copied and pasted MY answer in a comp, just changed a word here n there, but it was quite obviously my answer. reallllllly pees me off.

Amy Jones 1,000,200 Scotch� Expressions Washi Tape 4-packs. Can't get there by bus, though

Like � Reply � 10 July at 09:46

And just today .....

Sam Greenwald 1,000,200 Scotch� Expressions Washi Tape 4-packs. Can't get there by bus, though

roobycat
12 Jul 15 8:08 PM

roobster, we've seen this before I think. If it's not plagiarism, it's passing off an image lifted from the net as SG's own. I suggest you block aforementioned individual on FB then this person cannot see your creative AND ORIGINAL response/s.

toxicgherkin
12 Jul 15 9:09 PM

Same has happened to me, with one of those names copying my answer. Also noticed just recently on a FB comp that someone copied an individual's answer and they "won" a runner up prize. Luckily the guy who they had copied from, brought it to the Promoters attention, and it was rectified.

JulieD
13 Jul 15 8:15 AM
R

Hey guys! :-) yeah it's just wrong, and how stupid are they, posting it right there for the original 'answerer' to see it. Yes I'd definitely being it to promoters attention, don't worry about that lol. I don't mind not winning comps, but when it's won by a CHEAT, then I get angry. Also seems like a fake account anyway

roobycat
13 Jul 15 9:20 AM

Yes, I don't think it's a real account either because I saw this happen in a comp about 2 weeks ago. Wording, spaces, everything was the same. I think somehow this person is using some sort of robot to enter comps and relying on the fact that the promoter won't read the answers and uses a random draw. Not good! Makes me angry too when an a slightly changed answer wins. Happened to me in one of the Mother's Day comps.

fourleaf
13 Jul 15 12:48 PM
R

Yep, I think this same name has popped up a few times, by cheating and copying. Oh well, I guess all we can do is keep an eye out, and make it public knowledge if one of their answers wins. Very annoying though. It was female that copied MY answer the other day. Clicked on her profile, and sure enough, competition only account

roobycat
13 Jul 15 1:42 PM
K

That is just rude!

kaybee72
13 Jul 15 8:34 PM
R

Oh yes @kaybee72. That's one thing I have noticed a lot since I started doing this. Not every comper is 'nice', and not all of them care what toes they step on to get to that prize. Whether it be a tshirt or fridge magnet, some will fight to the death for it

roobycat
14 Jul 15 7:08 AM