Forum

General Chatter

Do you think it's rude, to chase up promoters and ask them results of competitions? I've been looking for the winner of the recent Gastro Stop 25WOL comp to win $10,000 Flight Centre voucher, but there's nothing, anywhere. Even the terms and conditions, didn't say when nor how winner would be notified. Small prizes, I really don't care, (although ALL winners names should be announced publically) but a big one like this, from such a big company, should all be above board and transparent, in my opinion.

In other news, I see the winner of the $10,000 from Yellow Brick Road, was won by an entrant who sent in a creative collage entry, along with the 25WOL, and they have copped flak over it, as there was no mention of creative entries being accepted. These companies could really find themselves in hot water one day, if they're not careful

roobycat
14 Jul 15 1:55 PM

I don't think its rude at all!!! Its like you are the customer type thing, you have the right to know at least :)

JoLee
15 Jul 15 8:01 AM
K

I think you have a right to know who won the competition. If they are legit then they shouldn't have anything to hide.

kaybee72
15 Jul 15 8:31 AM
R

Well I emailed them. I just thought bugger it, I want to know lol! They answered pretty much straight away, that yes it had been judged and the winner notified. They received thousands of entries (obviously), and he said mine made him laugh a lot, so if he actually remembers my entry, I hope that doesn't mean I was close, but not close enough! That would annoy more than just not winning haha always the bridesmaid .........

roobycat
15 Jul 15 10:12 AM
K

Well at least you made an impression!

kaybee72
15 Jul 15 2:28 PM
R

Lol but not a big enough one @kaybee72 :-(

roobycat
15 Jul 15 6:55 PM