Forum

Introductions / Social Meetups

Hi all, I am very new to entering competitions but have decided to give it a try as I have some spare time on my hands. It's great to see on the forum that people actually do win things. Sometimes I'm scared that I'm just inviting lots of spam. Any tips or suggestions much appreciated. BTW I have NEVER won anything so fingers crossed that this site could change that for me. Good luck to you all. :)

Stonesnut
28 Aug 15 12:21 PM

Hey Stonesnut, me too! Gotta be in it to win it. Good luck

JaXxX
28 Aug 15 12:35 PM

Welcome Stonenut and JacQlyn! There's lots of hints and tips on the blog. Wishing you the best of luck.

fourleaf
28 Aug 15 12:44 PM

TY fourleaf x
Best of luck as well

JaXxX
28 Aug 15 1:30 PM

Welcome , this is an awesome site :)

JoLee
28 Aug 15 3:23 PM

Thank you and good to know it's a good site.

Stonesnut
28 Aug 15 4:11 PM

Goodluck, this is a great site. Yes I totally understand that you are worried about spam emails, I have a zillion to sift through daily but comping is a great way to spend some spare time and I have been very blessed and won many prizes over the past few years, but still aiming for a big win like a car etc. Enjoy comping and hope you have your first win very soon xx

bops18
28 Aug 15 6:01 PM

@fourleaf is right on the money there. The Blog section is very useful.

There's also a compers group on Facebook (closed group but welcomes newcomers) that posts the winning names from a horde of (Facebook) comps. Unfortuntately you will find that some companies/promoters will use plain text as the notification means, especially on Facebook, (sometimes on websites too), to fulfil their obligation. Unless you check back, you'll never know you've won, and if you do find that you had won, sometimes the prize has been reallocated as per Terms and Conditions if the winner 'doesn't respond' in a timely fashion. Hmphh! Here's this Facebook group - well worth joining...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/428451857308064/?ref=ts&fref=ts

toxicgherkin
28 Aug 15 6:07 PM

Very helpful. I'll call you my comp.Angels :-) thanks

JaXxX
28 Aug 15 6:46 PM

Request sent :-)

JaXxX
28 Aug 15 6:51 PM

Welcome. Your gonna win big. Just enter and wait....u never know

Trevsta
28 Aug 15 8:29 PM