Forum

General Chatter

I might have missed the notifications but there are new blogs posted by our friendly guest blogger! Well worth jumping over to the Blog page for a look-see. Hooroo.

toxicgherkin
20 Sep 15 2:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up toxic. Well worth the read.
I found both new articles very interesting.....

I recently found out some information on the Pay.com.au comps which I think also involve baby Co comps - win a Toyota Klugar comp that runs for about 365 days and some others. I was always was a bit hesitant entering these as when you go to the T&Cs it says winner chosen who then has to attend another drawing in Sydney ( no accommodation or airfares ) who then has to choose a number between 1-100 to win the car if you miss out, you win $100. Since the comp runs for a year, that means say...10,000 entries?.....since it's so heavily promoted, .....so chances are 1:10,000 to get to the the next draw...if you are lucky enough to win that then you have 1:100 chances of winning the car. Such a remote chance of winning (1 in a million and the promoter knows this) that this is just heavy hard line marketing that really is going to cost them practically nothing.

There's also a site called www.mailshark.com.au that says the competition is a scam that will download malware onto your computer. I'm not sure, one because mailshark sells e-mail protection services and two because they say that the comp has nothing to do with the Pay.com.au although when I go to that site, there's hardly any information about Pay.com.au and when I look further, I come up with 404 not found. An example of hard core marketing I'd say, after your spending information and one I've stayed away from. I've never seen a comp run so tight and hard line and I've worked with some marketing types (by association) before who wouldn't even consider running something like this. I call it "extreme e-mail marketing - don't take the risk"

On a more positive note I didn't win anything for four weeks and it felt so loooong, but I've got a $50 voucher from Ritchie IGA, Woohooo! so the second article is very uplifting THANKS NICOLE!!

fourleaf
20 Sep 15 7:55 PM