Forum

Feedback / Suggestions

Hey,

Just a quick question is anyone else having trouble with their points and entering competitions in general. I login everyday but it appears that my guessing game, entering comps etc points are showing up on the leaderboard.

Thanks heaps

jessiebutcher
24 Oct 15 9:35 PM

Was that meant to read aren't showing up on the leaderboard?

I've only noticed Mammapigga missed a couple of days for the guessing game early in the month. Thou only they could confirm if they either forgot to register a guess.

You should be able to see how many registered guesses you've had for the month, and count them and compare to your score.

Hmm if you're having problems any hints what might be causing it? Like internet connection dropped out? Browser issues with security etc. What browser are you using? Any add blocking or other browser extensions that might cause problems?

My suggestions try a different browser, maybe clear browser cache. Or check security settings. I suspect there might be a few people who might be in the same boat with daily guesses not registering.

Occasionally I have problems if I've loaded up too many competitions at once and competitions sometimes don't show as viewed or points added. I've got a old pc which needs more ram.

I'm fairly certain I lost a few points through clicking on expired competitions in the early morning. I saw my score drop after I logged in. Grrr

Overall it seems to be working fine for me except for crummy daily points for the first half of the month.

Lemond
24 Oct 15 10:13 PM

Overall your points for competitions viewed looks right. I.e 5 more than mine so probably the maximum. I.e 5 the points I think I lost viewing expired competitions. Your daily score looks like you've logged in every day to be that high. Your guessing game points look 2 or 3 days missing :(

If indeed a problem it would be nice if someone could troubleshoot it with some hints what could be causing it for some people and not others. If any hints of anything you've done differently than usual from time of day you registered your guess, browser used, pc/windows update etc.

Only other ideas. Do you know when it occurred? Was it around when daylight savings kicked in? What state are you in? Long shot maybe your pc clock was wrong or closing time is based on EST.

Lemond
24 Oct 15 10:21 PM

Hey thanks for the reply. I've been on everyday. The times are staggered depending on what I'm doing on the day ie. travelling for work but its always during the day the odd night etc. I know that I've always completed my guessing game yet it doesn't appear to have registered. Located in NSW.

jessiebutcher
27 Oct 15 10:24 AM

@jessiebutcher Not much information to go on. Have you tried posting to the admins? I didn't get a response back to my query regarding points lost.

Maybe the admins can look into it and fix your score. It would be nice to know what the possible cause was. As it seems an intermittent issue, I was suspecting maybe the switch to daylight savings might of caused some issues, or possible a browser/pc issue.

Did you check/notice your overall score at the time of entry for the guessing game didn't increase? Or was it the following day? Is the guess entered showing up in the list of guesses?

Hmm if you notice it happening again try switching browsers and see if you can reenter your guess. It could be something to do with cookies. I.e. maybe your browser has saved settings you entered but failed to send the entry. Maybe they could add a response back for the guessing game to confirm entry.

Lemond
27 Oct 15 4:27 PM

Its not the first time its happened and I did forward a message to admin but never got a reply, guessing they never got it.

Thanks for your help, I know its not much to go on but perhaps its a glitch who knows. I'll just keep happily entering competitions and not worry about guessing game/leaderboard.

jessiebutcher
28 Oct 15 9:53 AM

@jessiebutcher I put a few competitions if that helps :). Not a good pattern for the admin not replying. Guess we both forgot to attach the cheque.

Lemond
28 Oct 15 12:17 PM