Forum

General Chatter

For Instagram how do you repost an image from our instagram page? It's an entry requirement for a competition I wish to enter. Do you have to do this from the phone app? Or can it be done via Instagram web page?

Lemond
05 Nov 15 9:21 PM

What kind of phone do you have? On iphone you just press on/off button and home button at same time to take screenshot of photo.. no other app needed.. then you just post that photo like your own, easy.

Bel7861
07 Nov 15 9:20 AM

@Bel7861 Samnsung Galaxy 4. Anything but an IPhone please.

Lemond
07 Nov 15 11:59 AM

Ok.. it's the same thing, home and power button then just post the image through your instagram and tag.

Bel7861
07 Nov 15 1:07 PM

@Bel7861 ok so I have to do a screen shot to regram/tag an image. Was hoping to do it from the PC from my Instragram account on a webpage. Instead of with the phone. Thou might be able to do it on the PC using Blue Stacks an Android emulator.

Its regramming an already existing picture the promoter has on twitter or instram I think.
For you help TaroCash are running a comp to regram and tag. Plus I think competions.com.au put one up for a bed sheet package I think.

I'll put the link up later if you can't find it. I think it's promoted on their Instragram account.

Any good competitions to enter this weekend? I've now got the weekend free due to all turf cricket being cancelled.

Thanks.

Lemond
07 Nov 15 1:25 PM

@Bel7861 https://instagram.com/p/9kjmIqnJ_M/?taken-by=tarocash Is the competition

Got it via their newsletter. :)

The image already exists on their instragram account do you still need to screenshot it? I kinda knew how do a screenshot thou find that method tricky from memory. There also software to do it.

Lemond
07 Nov 15 1:32 PM

@Bel7861 Thats the image. I saved the webpage. Will transfer that to the phone etc and see how I tag etc

Lemond
07 Nov 15 1:43 PM

@Bel7861 I think saving the webpage is better you can easily get all images. A screen grab might also capture personal things etc. Plus I guess a screen grab the images might be quite large in size and might need to fiddle to compressing it to a smaller size. Conditions state you can use any pic from Tarocash Competition.

Lemond
07 Nov 15 1:46 PM

@Bel7861 Transferring now easy just got to this pic I posted and save the image. :) No need to do a screenshot. :) Now just have to work out how to tag etc

Lemond
07 Nov 15 2:12 PM

It wouldn't let me save the image from the Instagram web page just thou could save the whole webpage. Seems a good idea for all regram comps on Instragram. No need for screenshots.

Lemond
07 Nov 15 2:14 PM

Admission! iPhone 6 (+) user here. I know! Tell me about it....you Samsung-o-philes. I'm slowly beginning to see the light....Now, as for regramming, I use a free app on the iPhone called R&R. Not sure of wider compatibility. There's bound to be other similar apps. All you do is search the image in the (R&R) app then regram (or post) to Instagram (or Flickr, Facebook etc). You can change background tones, do arty-farty stuff etc. The app lets you hashtag, and tag people etc. Easy peasy. No screenshots needed. Hope this helps some of you Instagrammers out there. :)

toxicgherkin
08 Nov 15 11:53 AM

@toxicgherkin Thanks. Yeh I was going to ask you. Knew must of been easy ways to do it without screenshots as regrammed pics would all be slightly different. Must have a good look into it. Will see what apps andriod has. At least you've given me a list of features that appp should have to google for.

Lemond
08 Nov 15 12:38 PM

@toxicgherkin Think I did it. X fingers. I used the instagram app and added a comment with the #tarocashx007 tag. Looks like its ok. Still working out a good app for android to repost and tag.

Lemond
09 Nov 15 4:25 PM

@Lemond, head to Google Play and search for a regram (Instagram) app. I did and this is the first (and original one) I'm led to believe - "InstaRepost." Worth a look anyway if you're heading down that fickle and treacherous Instagram path... ;)

toxicgherkin
09 Nov 15 6:38 PM

@toxicgherkin lol. Thanks. Yeh long as don't accidentally regram all my pics from the phone. Might of tried it. I tried tagging with the tarocashx007 and it tries searching for the user and couldn't find it.

Lemond
09 Nov 15 8:23 PM