Forum

I've Won | Hot Wheels - Win a Hot Wheels bedroom worth over $4,000!

I won a minor prize-a football! Hope they blow it up for us lol. Never the less. A prize is a prize right.

tinman249
09 Dec 15 7:54 AM

Congrats, tinman249. Can always regift..or ..handball it on.... ;)

toxicgherkin
09 Dec 15 9:08 AM

Wow. Great win tinman249. Big Congrats. Merry Xmas. :)

lol @toxicgherkin. Yeh! I finally got my only prize from early last month delivered today. The British Gangsters Seasons 1 and 2. 4 DVDs. :) I was starting to worry they had forgotten to send them. I think I've watched the series on TV late night while back. :(

Lemond
09 Dec 15 4:04 PM

some companies ...hmmm. This competition finished on October 22nd. Only just got feedback last night. Hopefully I don't have to wait as long to see the football. Then again my boy will be fully old enough to appreciate it lol. Shouldn't be mean, humbug! Just threw out a shopping bag full of receipts. Hopefully no one else needs verification :-(

tinman249
09 Dec 15 4:34 PM

@tinman249 lol. Maybe in time for the Footy season.

lol. Hopefuly no receipts for competition purchases. Reminds me I should do a clean out of those. I'll wait till after the CC competition ends soon.

So you only got notified of the win last night from October? Or got the prize delivered? For a few DVD's I thought a week or two should be right. Took 5 weeks from notification. I knew to expect 4 to 6 weeks from the blog etc. I noticed toxic got one prize delivered ASAP for the German cooking pot.

Sounds like your going to have a Merry Xmas with a new bedroom make over. :)

Lemond
09 Dec 15 5:11 PM

@Lemond, embarrassed to say but I won a Sharknado prize in a recent STACK magazine (JB Hi-Fi) issue. That was over seven weeks ago. Needless to say, I'm still waiting. T&C indicate prize delivery anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks. Ho, ho, ....oh dear!!! And there's a funny story behind the win!

toxicgherkin
09 Dec 15 7:35 PM

@toxicgherkin? lol. Who's the lucky person your re-gifting that movie to for Xmas. Got us in suspense Toxic. What's the funny story behind the win? It must be a three part thriller story.

I can imagine toxicgherkin as Santa at XMas with a big bag of lucky dip XMas presents. Saves labeling them for each person and combines comping with Xmas. Ho Ho Ho ... Oh Hell NoI :)

Lemond
09 Dec 15 11:25 PM

@Lemond, alright. I'll come clean!...

To enter the Sharknado DVD pack (+ bobblehead?) promotion, the entrant had to access STACK Magazine via the smartphone app, and head to the relevant section of the digital mag to view the question then submit a response via the STACK Mag website. The content was not there however.

I emailed STACK Mag staff enquiring if this was in error. Indeed it was. I indicated to staff that I had already entered a response, in anticipation - I had scoured around other independent Sharknado giveaways. Most were posing the question 'Which former Baywatch actor stars in Sharknado." I submitted my response – DAVID HASSELHOFF.

The Editor responded promptly - on a Sunday – with much hilarity, and thanked me for bringing it to her attention. Sorted. Content was available that day. I could finally see the question, which was something like "What tornado monster would frighten you most?" Umm...David Hasselhoff?

The Editor was not part of the Judging Panel. Far too busy for that! Lol.

toxicgherkin
10 Dec 15 9:13 AM

@toxicgherkin lol. Sounds like you were the only entrant. Enjoy the movie. I quickly checked out the promo for it. Oh the horror.

Lemond
10 Dec 15 9:50 AM