Forum

General Chatter

Here we are again. New Year's Eve. Time for the annual...tallying of the wins.
Total number of wins - 47
Biggest $win - Family tickets to Hi 5 Concert
Lowest $win - Coles Multipurpose Cleaner ($1.90)

Jrob71
31 Dec 15 8:49 PM

Lol, bugger all, biggest win a set of skins , lowest mentos 2nd chance draw $10, yearly tally $900 , hopefully a better year next year. Can't complain though 2013 my best year ever $15,000, including a trip to Disneyland, need another year like that. Good luck everyone

bj74
31 Dec 15 9:12 PM

I have absolutely no idea of my lucky scoring. I don't keep tabs. I am thankful for those that give me a 'hoy' every now and again. Without them I'd never known I'd won. Such be Facebook promotions. Hmmm. 50 tonight! Bugger of a birthday. Especially tonight. Lol. Wondering if this means I can now legitimately park in the 'Seniors' parking spots at the local shopping centre? Lol.

toxicgherkin
31 Dec 15 9:22 PM
A

This is my first year of 'comping', I started in late Feb, with the expectation that it was a bit of a scam and that no one ever won - I am more than happy to report that I was wrong - total wins 75, total value $7800 largest $1,000 speaker from appliances online smallest $10 iTunes voucher from people's choice. Can not believe how lucky I've been and am hoping for 2016 to carry on the same way - happy New Year all :)

Alittlebitoffun
31 Dec 15 11:50 PM

Congratulations everyone. For me was 48 prizes this year... biggest one was a go pro back in feb worth $600 and smallest a pack of tea quite recently. Haha year started off brilliant but has dwindled lately but still enough to keep me going for sure!! :)

Bel7861
01 Jan 16 9:20 AM

One win, $50 dollar voucher and minimum spent on the website $150. Started comping this year. Initially wasn't entering many comps, now increasing the number ... hoping 2016 will be luckier

Anna2077
01 Jan 16 9:31 PM

Two wins since Semptember. I DVD pack and over XMas won 3 months Netflix with Optus one of 100,000 winners/giveaway. Total value about $50. Congrats to the other 99,999 winners of the Optus Perks competition and commiserations to the rest of Australia who will see thier internet grind to crawling speed for the next three months.

Lemond
02 Jan 16 7:09 AM

Few weeks ago was reading about a comper who enters 400 competitions a day. She said she wins A LOT. Apparently plenty of holidays, electronics, white goods etc

Anna2077
02 Jan 16 1:39 PM

@Annaar Just imagine all the emails to sort through.

Lemond
02 Jan 16 5:32 PM

Well, not that I was notified again - had to find it - but saw yesterday I won 1 of 5 PC games - Football Manager 2016 - in a recent STACK Magazine (website) competition. Still awaiting receipt, by the way, of their Sharknado Giveaway from October 2015's winner listing. I've messaged a few times but have not received a response. They did indicate in T&C that prize receipt is anywhere from 6-12 weeks, so all hope is not lost just yet. Lol

http://stack.net.au/competitions-winners

toxicgherkin
02 Jan 16 6:16 PM

@Lemond, guess she spends all day in front of the computer ... would drive me mad

Anna2077
02 Jan 16 6:21 PM
J

Thanks everyone for responding. It's great to hear how your comping year was. Some of you are doing very well. My first win was in 2011. I've improved every year since but am yet to score a win over $400. I keep a list of my wins. It helps when times are slow and reminds me that although I might not have won The Big One I have scored some pretty cool stuff.

Jrob71
02 Jan 16 8:16 PM

@toxicgherkin lol Sharknado. They are probably getting someone to dig up a copy in New Mexico along with an Atari E.T. cartridge.

Lemond
02 Jan 16 8:39 PM