Forum

I've Won

A tad embarrassed to say - won my second laptop in almost as many weeks, with the latest one bundled with a fashion makeover - an extreme one in my case I suspect! I get to keep the clobber! I had to agree to a video shoot. My trailer and staff are still to be confirmed! ;)

toxicgherkin
12 Feb 16 11:03 PM

Congrats Mr Gerkin, your a true crack up mate!!

JoLee
13 Feb 16 6:51 AM

Photos are mandatory

Di_D
13 Feb 16 8:53 AM

Congrats and looking forward to the photos

bj74
13 Feb 16 9:33 AM

..and I am practising turning left on the catwalk. It's a challenge but I'll get there. Now to work on my world peace answer to the judges... ;)

toxicgherkin
13 Feb 16 9:59 AM
K

Haha awesome! I agree photos are mandatory! Don't forget us when you are famous!

kaybee72
13 Feb 16 11:09 AM

Congratulations!

fourleaf
13 Feb 16 11:41 AM

Congrats!!

Anna2077
13 Feb 16 12:10 PM

@Di_D, @kaybee72, @bj74, I gather images/footage will be in the social media 'ether' shortly. There's nothing I can do, it seems, to repress that! Filming is a condition of prize allocation - thinking I maybe should have read the T&C's a bit closer...lol. I'm touching base with the promoter next week to sort out details. Needless to say, I don't want to post my pre & gentlemanly makeover post-images or vid here in this forum. Too sh*t scared...lol. The documentary experience I was recently part of was awesome but I cringed when finally viewing the footage, and now, after signing more 'artist' releases, the student doco is being entered into film festivals as we speak. It even has me playing piano. Lol. I eschew red carpet and the paparazzi! All clashes with my skin tones! ;)

toxicgherkin
13 Feb 16 4:00 PM

@toxicgherkin Fashion makeover? Tell them you are allergic to make up ;-)

Anna2077
13 Feb 16 4:45 PM

Nice one tox. You never cease to amaze me. Congrats mate!!!

Trevsta
13 Feb 16 5:18 PM

It was the Pitti Uomo promo.. (sounds like a Kath & Kim scene..lol...), run by ASUS Australia and New Zealand, through their fashion ambassador, Jared Acquaro, who travelled from Melbs to Florence to cover the fashion event. Entrants had to follow his Tweets, and answer various questions relating to his posts/Tweets. Some may call it stalking...? erhmm... ;)

toxicgherkin
13 Feb 16 6:22 PM

@Trevsta, too kind. Hey, I won a recent indie-classic album on vinyl, and the person interviewed in the RSS feed had your name...but was a Yank....??? ;)

toxicgherkin
13 Feb 16 6:26 PM
J

With two new laptops that means you can enter more comps!?!

Jrob71
13 Feb 16 7:54 PM

@toxicgherkin too much work ... glad that you've won

Anna2077
13 Feb 16 7:59 PM

@toxicgherkin ha...i actually have a yanky mate with my full name but he is an irishman...go figure!!!! Have fun Mr Model Man lol

Trevsta
14 Feb 16 9:02 PM

lucky you, im in need of a new laptop :) my screen slowly dying . good wins

Mamma
15 Feb 16 10:08 AM

@MammaPigga84, thanks. My current laptop is my partner's. I destroyed mine. We share this one though it struggles everytime I do an OS update. It's definitely on its last legs ... lap? This is a timely win thankfully. Cheers.

toxicgherkin
15 Feb 16 1:15 PM

this Gherkin not in a pickle! Congrats : )

Goldmember
15 Feb 16 11:32 PM

@Goldmember yeh......too toxic to go there!!!! lol

Trevsta
16 Feb 16 12:10 AM

@Goldmember @Trevsta hehe

toxicgherkin
16 Feb 16 8:45 AM

toxicgherkin
16 Feb 16 8:47 AM

@toxicgherkin Yet another classic....crack up :)

JoLee
16 Feb 16 10:24 PM

Cheers, @JoLee. :)

toxicgherkin
17 Feb 16 11:56 PM