Forum

General Chatter

So it turns out the 65inch LCD TV I won through OZ Mates Rates may not come to fruition. All of a sudden their facebook account is gone, and I can not longer message them. A little disappointed to say the least. I know you shouldn't count your prizes till they arrive, but was really looking forward to this, it was my biggest win, and they sounded so promising. Hoping they still come through, but im a realist and know its not coming. This is probably my worst experience of comping thus far, have had really good experiences up until now :(

Alittlebitoffun
23 Feb 16 11:41 AM

@Alittlebitoffun, I might have some information that might assist here. FB message...just saying.... :)

toxicgherkin
23 Feb 16 12:45 PM

Hope it works out for you :(

JoLee
23 Feb 16 1:07 PM
A

@toxicgherkin how do I fid you FB?? would love some information if you have any

Alittlebitoffun
23 Feb 16 1:43 PM

@Alittlebitoffun, check your FB messages - I'm unsure if there still is an 'Other' message folder but you should see a message from 'me'. Just to be sure, I've sent you an FB Friends Request. :)

toxicgherkin
23 Feb 16 4:40 PM

Hi @Alittlebitoffun, I've just Googled "Oz Mates Rates Facebook" and it has come up ok last post 14/02 complete with competition announcements the but it is coming up as a Facebook App Page. Was able to open up the PM box which means you should be able to PM them. Hope this helps.... (I'm on a Galaxy Tab at the moment using WiFi) :) :) I'm not sure who they are though....

fourleaf
23 Feb 16 6:11 PM
A

Thanks all!! They messaged me and said they are back on line but will back down again tonight before launching their actual site. They assure me my prize will be delivered but I guess it's one of those things that I won't believe it until I see it. But for now I'll just have to hope that they mean what they say :) thank you all again for your help and support, I know when you win a competition it's something for nothing, but it still upset me to think that someone might actually have been scamming me. Keep your fingers crossed for me and thanks again all

Alittlebitoffun
23 Feb 16 8:52 PM

@Alittlebitoffun Sounds positive, and the horse is back on the track!!! Giddy up!!!!

JoLee
23 Feb 16 10:08 PM
A

Just an update - the Facebook page is gone again and I'm blocked from sending the messages - looks like it was too good to be true :(

Alittlebitoffun
25 Feb 16 12:59 PM

@Alittlebitoffun how friggen wrong is that, nothing worse than getting bucked off the horse( twice). :(

JoLee
25 Feb 16 2:39 PM
A

@joLee I just wish there was actually something you could do about it - but its not a registered company, their 'office' is a virtual office, the phone number gets answered by a paid message service and the email that I have is a Gmail account. The only thing (other than not getting the TV obviously) that bothers me is I cant work out the WHY. Other than my address, they got no details off me, so it cant be identity theft, I didn't pay them anything, so they got no money. The only thing I can think of is they just couldn't get their company off the ground and couldn't afford to come good on the prize. think I might take a bit of a break for a while, its just too hard to select the good from the bad :(

Alittlebitoffun
25 Feb 16 3:13 PM

@Alittlebitoffun hey,don't give up! It's a lesson for us all but you might have the big one just around the corner, keep it fun( bit hard after this) but just plug away and your turn will come, I know it.....:) it's the bad times that make the good times good!!! Jo-Lee

JoLee
25 Feb 16 10:35 PM

Hey. Hang in there. Your the next winner!!!

Trevsta
25 Feb 16 10:49 PM