Forum

General Chatter

Did anyone see the segment on How to Win Competitions on Sunrise this morning?
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/31288868/how-to-win-any-competition/#page1

What are your thoughts?

gaseja
07 Apr 16 4:56 PM

Had to laugh when she said that she won a laptop and movie tix.. and a few other small things like that.... yeah laptop is a small thing.....

They didn't say anything new.

Anna2077
07 Apr 16 5:52 PM

Thanks for the post. Nothing too new. A good reminder of what is required to win. There were some good points that the blogs have previously mentioned regarding WOL competitions.
I recently mentioned about having a separate email for comping. If only I had stuck to that tip or done that from the start. My biggest win a lifetime supply of spam email. Doh

Lemond
08 Apr 16 12:09 AM

Everyone goes after small prizes, as they make great Christmas presents... The odds of winning them are never great :-)

I wanted one of the DVDs for myself, entered 6 different comps in hope to win one copy & still had no luck. :-)

Anna2077
08 Apr 16 9:54 AM

@Annaar The exception might be if there's little interest in the DVD prize. It might explain my DVD win last year. :)

How's those 3 competitions for going today? Have you done them yet? :)

I wonder if @toxicgherkin finally got that Sharknado DVD hehe

Lemond
08 Apr 16 10:13 AM

hehe...yes, finally received, with Sharknado-themed bonuses. The promoter was liaising with the supplier. Supplier claimed they had despatched or attempted to dispatch goods three times earlier. I confirmed all my details yet they had no tracking number, simply being sent as a general postal item. Poor form. When goods arrived, they were damaged - crushed. Not impressed.

toxicgherkin
08 Apr 16 11:09 AM

@toxicgherkin hehehe Well that has brightened up my day. Gee I hope the DVD survived. Nothing would be more frustrating for a comper not receiving a prize or having to wait months to receive it. Looks on the odd occasion there has been cases of promoters not sending out a prize. Someone not receiving a TV comes to mind. I've come across people that have received additional prizes if there has been a delay on a prize being sent as an apology. Think was regarding a Samsung competition.

I'm happy that you finally got it. :) So how was the movie?

Lemond
08 Apr 16 11:20 AM

@toxicgherkin sorry to hear that ... would have thought they'd know how to pack

Anna2077
08 Apr 16 12:52 PM

@Lemond, I'm saving it for a rainy (Sharknado-kinda) day... hehe. I'll bring myself to watch it eventually. I've heard there's a 4th instalment, named Sharknado: The Fourth Awakens! Oh dear!

toxicgherkin
09 Apr 16 9:33 AM

@toxicgherkin I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You haven't been drinking again?

Lemond
09 Apr 16 10:31 AM

@Lemond, definitely cry. It's true. They're making it. Comes out 1st July on SyFy channel apparently. As I said, "Oh dear!". Lol

toxicgherkin
09 Apr 16 10:52 AM