Forum

I've Won | Brands Now - Win an entire beauty kit valued at $580!

God the only makeup competition I've entered period. Now what colours and shades to choose?????

https://www.brandsnow.com.au/pages/entire-beauty-kit-competition

Lemond
07 May 16 2:54 AM

Congratulations!!

If it's Mother's Day present then you better ask the recipient :-)

Win it Rrp $580 or buy it for $246... What am I missing?

Anna2077
07 May 16 9:28 AM

Wow that's amazing! I must admit I'm a little jealous!
@annaar It's because they are a discount beauty supplier so they saying in stores it would cost $500+ but you can buy from them for half the price :)

CeCee14
07 May 16 9:45 AM

@Annaar Thanks. Yes just need a recipient. :) I can't see myself using this beautiful prize. hehe. I had to double check my internet history as the email didn't state what was the actual competition it was for. I accidentally registered for that gleam comp through this site. Took me my surprise thinking it was a spam email.

Thinking of gifting it to friends.

Lemond
07 May 16 12:12 PM

@Lemond if for a gift then pick pastel colors. Beige for face, nails and lips pink, red will be suitable for everyone...

Anna2077
07 May 16 1:12 PM

@CeCee14 Discount suppliers might mean that the products aren't made in the same place as full price products...

Anna2077
07 May 16 1:26 PM

@Annaar Possible. If branded products my guess most retailers get it from the same wholesale importers. Then flog it off at there own retail price. From a quick google I see you got to also look out for fake products. Unless exactly know the product it can be very hard to distinguish the genuine product from imitations. Being a bricks and mortar store verses online doesn't guarantee it's not fake as well.

Looking at Brands Now site it appears it is legit and genuine products etc.

Seems a good prize. Maybe a bit valuable to just gift. I do need a new washing machine urgently.

Lemond
07 May 16 2:02 PM

good One mate!! nice

Trevsta
07 May 16 2:54 PM

@Lemond Sell it and get the washing machine!!

At times I wonder if the staff I get from stores is legit LOL .. after hearing too much crap about fake products, mind starts to wonder :-)

Anna2077
07 May 16 3:01 PM

@Annaar Thanks. I might see if one of my neighbors might be interested. More of a headache trying to sell it. Well the lesson is you never know when you will win. hehe

Lemond
07 May 16 3:43 PM

@Lemond True! Put a notice on the notice board if you have one in your building... may be at work...It's a good box, someone will want it if you market it for the full price of $500+ ;-)

Anna2077
07 May 16 4:13 PM

Congratulations mate!!

FARMERTYSON
08 May 16 12:51 PM
A

Wow what an awesome prize - just an FYI I wear makeup every day & LOVE a bargain, however it is one of the only things I would never buy off someone on the internet I didn't know, so it might not be easy to sell, you just never know if things have been tampered with or are legit brands etc.
But someone you know might buy it off as its a great prize - congrats again 😄

Alittlebitoffun
08 May 16 6:53 PM

@Alittlebitoffun since people buy things from gumtree and ebay, lemond might not have a problem...

Just check the price of the brands online and select the most exxy one, as everyone would know the brand.

Anna2077
08 May 16 7:02 PM

@Alittlebitoffun Thanks. Guess occasionally going to win something you don't have a need for. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet. Still I need to decide on the colours in the next day or two. Personally don't want to have to deal with the hassle of selling it through gumtree etc. It's an option I might consider. Maybe a comper from Melbourne might be interested in a good bargain. Thou would need to get back to me ASAP for their colours. Saves me trying to decide :)

@Alittlebitoffun Happy Birthday for this month :)

Lemond
08 May 16 7:34 PM