Forum

General Chatter

Has anyone had major issues claiming prizes?

It seems to a passionate topic with compers, especially for Facebook competitions.
Any horror stories or advice how to handle this delicate topic with a promoter? Or good news of a promoter going the extra distance to smooth things over.

I've been fairly lucky myself with prizes won were through great promoters and quick delivery.

Lemond
10 Sep 16 12:15 AM

I won a pizza and they only allowed me to have a cheese pizza. When I asked for pepperoni they told me to pay extra.

pizzaman111
10 Sep 16 9:03 PM

I've read about some people not receiving prizes too but thankfully I've always received my prizes. I am really nice and thankful when I receive a message, email or tagged so maybe it has something to do with the words they use upon winning.

gaseja
11 Sep 16 8:58 AM

Had to chase one or two but if you keep it polite and not agressive there generally isn't a problem even then

Di_D
11 Sep 16 9:05 AM

Yep...don't know why. I've won and never received. Or had to chase them up to no avail. 😯Some I have recieved.

SunnyLife
11 Sep 16 3:02 PM
A

Yep, I've had a big win in Feb this year (a 4K TV) that I never got. They stopped replying to my messages, and disappeared off Facebook. I just accepted it was not going to happen and moved on after a few weeks of chasing it up. Was very disappointing, but I figured well I haven't really lost anything, so no use wasting any more time on it. Only issue I've had though, everything else has arrived.

Alittlebitoffun
11 Sep 16 5:24 PM
J

I don't actually consider it a win until it has arrived. But so far everything has come, eventually. On a few occasions though the prize has turned up twice.

Jrob71
11 Sep 16 7:59 PM

@Jrob71 good point for not spending the winnings or getting too excited until it arrives. :) Lol turned up twice did you thank the promoter? :).

Lemond
12 Sep 16 12:39 AM

Wish I had a problem but I never won anything lol

Kezza1956
12 Sep 16 12:22 PM

@Kezza1956 lol. No you don't want that problem. Just deliver any prizes ASAP with no fuss plz. :)

Lemond
12 Sep 16 6:08 PM

The longest time I waited for a prize was 8 months and that was for a 100 dollar coles gift card.
The only time a prize never came was a candle.

pizzaman111
13 Sep 16 6:50 PM

I won a trip to the USA from Facebook once and it took forever to claim as people left the promotional job and passed it on to someone else to arrange. After a year of asking they finally came to the party and added another person to the trip. (it was originally for 2) They paid for other hotel expenses and threw in another tour in America for us. Even though it took ages...it was well worth it in the end. :)

SunnyLife
17 Sep 16 12:30 PM
J

@Lemond Sometimes I've let them know, but not always, depends on the prize. Its only been little things anyway - DVD, movie tix.

Jrob71
17 Sep 16 7:59 PM