Forum

General Chatter

Happy Friday Everyone!

Here are 4 THINGS I WISH I'D KNOWN ABOUT COMPETITIONS:

http://blog.competitions.com.au/competition-crackpot/4-things-i-wish-id-never-known-about-competitions/

Thanks,

Nicole

LuckyNicky
23 Sep 16 4:35 PM

@LuckyNicky Another great blog. :)

I like to know the odds. :) Why I steer clear of Pokie machines.

You would be surprised sometimes for high value prizes the odds can be pretty good. I do a "few" Instagram comps where you can see how many valid entries there are. For $1000 can get odds about 1/200-1/500 which isn't bad. I've seen garden hoses with odds worse then that.

I don't see that many comps with odds 1/5000. The only time I've seen those sort of odds are for PC gear. When all the males come out of hiding for a comp. :)

Maybe the @admin could of worked out the odds first before they made the changes to the leader board comp hehe. It's still a touch high at 25 birthday bonus.

For promoters they need a dummies guide how to run a competition. From the legal side whether a permit is required to how to run a successful competition. Most problems arise when they don't put up clear T&C's or occasionally forget their own T&C's. Seen a few Youtube clips of promoters being surprised when a participant attempted to "scams" them. I.e. attempting to cheat the system to win. It's not just compers that have to be aware of the pitfalls.

Would love to know how do you "convert" mates to the "darkside" into comping? :)

Lemond
24 Sep 16 11:50 AM

Give them a few slice of pizza

pizzaman111
24 Sep 16 8:17 PM

@pizzaman111, do you know the filming schedule for the next Thor movie? Would love to see candid happy snaps, if that was permitted... ;)

toxicgherkin
26 Sep 16 7:36 PM

@LuckyNicky you are so on the money with your article. I totally agree! :)

SunnyLife
29 Sep 16 9:49 AM