Forum

General Chatter

How's everyone enjoying the Facebook notifications for comments on posts even thou they aren't set? Now I'm wishing I didn't go on a Facebook comping binge the last few days. lmao.

Lemond
16 Nov 16 2:00 PM
P

Arghhh it's so annoying! I get several notifications a second and it's driving me nuts.

Pineapples
16 Nov 16 5:46 PM

How do you get rid of it???

Npas
16 Nov 16 8:39 PM

@MissB Yeh I get them all 4 times. To the Chrome browser, Facebook, iPad and emails. lmao.

Seems only for new posts I've done today.

I disabled FB notifications on the iPad which is my notification central for everything. What I'm trying first I like the promoter's page and disable all notifications for them before doing the comment, however that doesn't seem to work.

Argh big mistake earlier was doing the just released MWave comp on FB. Either entries have quietened down for the day or disabling the notifications for that page might of worked.

Lemond
16 Nov 16 9:24 PM

@Npas I'm not sure 100%. I have looked about in the settings. Definitely haven't accidentally set the notifications for the post. The only hint which might be working. For my shares on my page can right click and disable notifications for that post. Might be having an effect. X fingers just a FB bug for today which is exterminated ASAP!

Lemond
16 Nov 16 9:27 PM

So looks like most are having that issue today for posts they have commented on.

Lemond
16 Nov 16 9:28 PM

@Npas @MissB Also I reported to FB. Bound quite a few would of been motivated enough to notify FB of the issue. Might help report to them about the issue as well. :)

Just noticed when the notifications for the comments appear. There is an option when you select the notification to "Turn off notifications about new comments on Page posts for this page"

There are two options that appear on the right hand side of the notification being selected. A down arrow which brings up the turn off option and the mark as read.

It might also effect when the promoter posts a comment not being shown the notification. I.e. for a winner.

God I hope that helps. X fingers.

Lemond
16 Nov 16 9:38 PM